Writing Success CEFR
No Learner Is Too Young to Write!
(Very) Young Learners can barely write their own name! Maybe they can copy a few letters, or even words from the board. Older children are struggling to write well in their own language. So, how can they
write in English?
Young Learners can do a lot more writing than we think. Yes, they can’t do what most of us consider ‘proper writing’, i.e., emails,letters, stories or essays.
However, it’s a good idea to get them started on writing as early as possible. They’ll get the help and encouragement they need and they’ll be better equipped to start on the proper writing tasks later.
The Writing Success series includes a variety of writing tasks. Some are perfect for introducing writing to young learners at level pre-A1. Others are useful for young learners who can write (A1 & A2),
but still need extra guidance and encouragement.
Writing Success A2 is designed for elementary-level students of English.
Carefully levelled activities guide students as they expand their core vocabulary and gain familiarity with fundamental structures. Students gradually build their confidence in writing about a wide range of topics and everyday situations as they progress towards producing their own responses to prompts. With plenty of support and gradually-increasing task difficulty, this book offers young writers the chance for a positive learning experience, as well as a solid foundation for their English writing skills.
• themed units with graded topic-based vocabulary
• realistic topics and everyday themes
• systematic progression of important structures
• colourful illustrations to support understanding
• separate vocabulary, grammar, comprehension and writing practice
• gradually increasing task complexity and difficulty
• picture description with subject prompts
• picture-based storytelling
• invitation writing
• three related information prompts to guide writing on a given topic
• writing extension activities
• description of a situation that requires writing suggestions or excuses
- Sample pages