Teaching English to Young Learners is targeted at developing the potential of English language classroom teachers working with children. The teacher Development Book presents a collection of twenty modules focusing on different aspects of teaching young learners. Each module consists of an instructional model in the form of a picture story accompanied by captions and speech bubbles. A Key Vocabulary list summarizes the verbs, nouns, and other content words that appear in the story. Specific mention is also made of specialized or unusual usages.
Each picture story is followed by a series of activities highlighting aspects of the language and methodology demonstrated within it. These activities provide teachers with opportunity to improve language proficiency and professional expertise by focusing on vocabulary review, grammar, listening, constructing and compiling teaching resources, and reflection.
- Twenty modules that can be explored in any order
- Full-color picture stories showcasing practical teaching techniques and professional methodology
- Ready-to-use language for classroom management and instruction
- Processional terminology that appears in context
- Practice activities, teacher-made resources, and reflection techniques
- Transcripts and answer keys included for autonomous learning
(English language classroom teachers)